Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Are you a Clojure man ? here is a test.

Clojure is a fantastic language to learn and work with. This is a simple test you can do to figure out whether you are made for Clojure. When you first learn Clojure you think..

"Wow Cool !! Very little you have to remember ! So simple.. (+ 1 2 3 ) = 6"

Then after reading some Clojure code or learn more..you think.

"Mmmm.. Actually you have to remember certain forms and little tricky flags to do *cool* stuff. But its worth it..Very little"

Then after some time..one day you find this *new* directive (say ^).. you think

"Wow what the hell is this one ? Let me check the Clojure docs..mm nothing make sense (lot of ^s in different contexts)..let me do a text search in that my killer Clojure book (search for ^)..mmm nothing"

Then.."I should google, but how ? by this =  ^, Clojure or ^ + Clojure ??"

Then at this point, you usually do two things. You say..

1) "Clojure is not my cup of tea, I love you Scala."
or
2) "Wow this is getting more interesting..Lets keep digging,ask in Clojure forums, friends"

If you did 2) then you are a Clojure guy.
If you did 1) I suggest give it a another try..! It's worth to dig more given the mine is full of gold.

No comments: